Thursday, May 21, 2020

BREAKING update of an apology | Arrows 5 21 2020




Ron Cantor has issued an update regarding the Shelanu TV issue that
HaYovel Executive Director Zac Waller has issued an apology. 

Since I can't reel in my Arrows from Zion mailed yesterday, I will just add this to your understanding of the issues taking place in the body in Israel. I'm glad Zac Waller repented to Ron Cantor and that Ron accepted his apology, but the same underlying issues remain for many Christian Zionists working for Israel. The failure to recognize the spiritual first place that our Israeli Messianic Jewish believers hold in their own nation has to stop. They hold the commission from God for the salvation of their people and all the rest of us are just support teams. — Donna Diorio

Ron's statement: Apology form HaYovel Executive Director Zac Waller

[In a day and age where most public apologies are "if...then" statements, (if I hurt you, then I apologize) I was very impressed with Zac Waller's apology. In addition, he called me up and we had a very good, honest chat. We continue at Tikkun and Messiah's Mandate to encourage all Christians to build deep, meaningful relationship with Jewish people, as HaYovel does.]

An Apology

In my recent article titled “We can’t ignore History. It Matters Relationally”, I made an effort to educate Christians about the sensitivities surrounding relationships with Orthodox Jews. We have worked with these precious people for over 15 years. I see so many offenses taking place against them and it increases the negativity attached to Yeshua’s name. In my zealousness to bring awareness to this need in the body of the Messiah, I spoke slanderous things about “many of” the Messianic Jews.

My statements against the Messianic community were unnecessary and inappropriate. It is HaYovel’s purpose to gather and unify, not to separate and divide. We are here to strengthen Jewish identity. It is not our place to speak on an issue that is “within the family” of the Jewish people. HaYovel will continue to be a platform for Christians to declare to Zion, “Your God reigns!” To the Messianic community: it was wrong of me to speak evil of you, please accept this public apology. You are certainly welcome to visit us for a glass of Jeremiah 31:5 on the Mount of Blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment